Thursday, 29 January 2009

Right!

Let's get started.

I am going to cook chilli tonight, when Sarah comes over. I am hungry. In the meantime I have one more paper to read before I start writing my essay (which is due Feb 16) - please keep prodding me until I'm done!

The paper is thus: Parliamentary Opposition in Post-Communist Democracies: Power of the Powerless. My essay is comparing Parliamentary and Presidential democracies. And most of the literature I've read is not complimentary of the Presidential system, which has surprised me.

In other news, I'm going to try and start listening to the radio when at home more often. I feel I'm missing out on good things, particularly BBC Radio 4. Any times I should look out for, or stations to recommend?

What else? Oh, I've almost finished my latest read:


Doctor Who: The Nightmare of Black Island by Mike Tucker

I'm enjoying it so far, very much in the style of New Who. It's a light read, though. I still need to choose my next book.

Right, this'll do for now, laters.

3 comments:

  1. hey, your blog layout matches mine!
    now i have to change mine. which i was going to do anyway.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. radio 4 at 6.30 tends to have comedy/game show half hours which i enjoy, and then late at night you get the ethical discussions, which are fun to listen to the crap a lot of people talk :-D

    you may also wish to keep your eyes open on radio 5 and 7.

    why don't you buy the radio times, just for one week, and see the sort of things that are on.

    smaug

    ReplyDelete